Here we are friends, the last day of resolution week!
So far this week I’ve talking about my goals for getting organized, capturing family memories, losing weight, being positive and finally today I’m talking about a resolution of mine that is very very dear to my heart.
It’s something that you all have a part in, and something that I have wanted to strive towards for a while.
Are you ready to start talking about my hopes and dreams? Let’s go!
Resolution #5: This year I will expand my brand
I started this blog almost 4 years ago. At the time, the blog was called Ally and Lincoln and I started it as a general life blog with my then boyfriend, Lincoln. I started reading blogs daily and was really inspired by the work of some really amazing designers. When my boyfriend and I broke up, the name switched to Ally Jean. That was the year I went to work at Walt Disney World and had the opportunity to listen to Kim Stoegbauer speak at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and a desire was born inside me to make blogging a career someday. This is the year that I decided to take those first steps.
What are my problems?
- Inconsistent postings. Because blogging has always been a hobby of mine, it’s been really easy for me to let life get in the way of my blogging and designing. I need to create a blog schedule to schedule ideas ahead of time and keep them coming for months at a time.
- Unfocused content. Over the course of this blog, I’ve focused on chronicling my life, pregnancy and motherhood, and green living. I have so many interests that it was hard focusing my blog’s content to just one. I’d like to work on limiting the scope creep, focusing more on my design and entertaining interests and less on all the other things.
- Internet Shy. This is a huge one. I love being on Instagram and Pinterest because I think they are great places to interact with great bloggers out there. But I am horribly internet shy. I am notorious for doing the phantom re-pin or like or retweet and horrible at letting people know what I enjoy about their posts. I’d like to overcome my internet shyness and interact with more people. My brand can’t succeed without a network of people to rely on!
- Boundless Goals without direction. I know where I’d like to end up, but I have no idea where to start. I’d like to spend some time focusing on how to achieve my goals so I can get moving!
What are my goals?
- Post at least 5 posts a week, 52 weeks a year.
- Focus my content on my design and party loves and avoid or limit content that falls outside of my scope.
- Be proactive in engaging with other bloggers!
- Identify and act out my goals of building my brand into a business.
What am I trying?
This year I’m starting an Etsy shop of my designs. I’d like to start offering custom and customizable party packages for my readers. I’ve really enjoyed putting together parties family and friends and I’d love to help other people through beautiful celebrations.
To get started towards Etsy-preneurship, I’m focusing my goals using Power Sheets, goal setting work sheets that help focus me on achieving what I want to achieve.
I’m also going to be actively looking for bloggers, designers and fellow Etsy-preneurs to collaborate and network with. If you want to connect, reach out to me in any of the methods on my About Me page. I’d love to work with you!